Less than 5 today is all about a networking idea I had at an event last evening and how I incorporated it into my email newsletter, ready? Here I go:
- I took a networking event to a new level for me
- There was the usual business card exchange
- I told everyone who gave me a card was told I would connect on LinkedIn
- And they were told I was adding them to my email newsletter list
- They can always unsubscribe
- I sent a newsletter every other week
- I do my newsletter through mail chimp and my open rate is about 20%
- I have a small list so that’s a good number
- I designed my blog to be my newsletter makes life easy-peasy
- Get the card and connect with them immediately – remember the episode where I talked about taking notes?
- No FB no Twitter – LinkedIn
- Tell them you are going to put them on your email list
- If that makes you uncomfortable, ask them
There you have it. Speaking of email mine is email@example.com and I do not automatically add you to my newsletter list. Remember I am the gal who asks (or tells) first.
Come join us at The Padded Room our closed group on Facebook.
Have a networking event coming up, try these tips and then let us know how it worked for you.
Thanks so much – you are simply all the very best!!!!