In today’s show you will learn so much about Traci Bild and her book “Get Your Girl Back”. Traci is a dynamic speaker and she can work a stage.
- I asked Traci if she was having twinges that something was off before finding all the love letters she wrote to her husband.
- Have you ever thought how much you (the listener) might have changed?
- Traci talks about what she was then and where she was when she found the letters
- Learn how I found my wonderful husband – I almost gave him away
- Why this book is important to talk to our daughters and granddaughters about at a very early age
- Traci gives an example of how her daughter lost part of her girl at age 11
- We lose our girls because people tell us things and we believe them
- Tell these girls what it is really like when we grow up
- Why being realistic with our girls is so important
- Teaching girls how to blend lives early in their years is so important
- There are women who have not lost their girl but they are the exception
- Why do we have guilt about having to be the person to cook clean etc. and why we need to choose helpers in our lives as spouses.
- Thankfully girls do have different mentors now
- Traci talks about her daughter actually working for her part time with a time card and a paycheck because her daughter wants to be an entrepreneur
- We discuss helicopter parenting and no apologies we don’t approve
- Traci believes in telling her daughter about her failures and the struggles to help her understand not everything Traci touches is magic.
- Kids are capable and we need to let them use their minds
- We chat a little about platitudes that people hand us
- We talk about Get Your Boys Back
- Why couples should read “Get Your Girl Back”
- I discuss how I have become stronger since reading the book
- It took 10 years to write this book
- Why it’s difficult to write about your personal life when you are a private person
- We talk about how many people Traci has helped
- There are “Get Your Girl Back Groups” all over the country
- My girl always wears lipstick and eyeliner and started at 16
- I ask Traci if she was surprised by the reaction she got before she published
- Everyone wants to write a book but Traci shares that you need to finish it
- Her audio version has Traci in an emotional state and it is her favorite version of the book
- I share how I like the brain game Traci shares in the book which I use ALL the time now
- How the brain game works
- You can test the limits of your own mind
- Clickers and why they work
- How revealing this book is and how I will change your life
- Why we all need to do brain training
- We give examples of how brain training has worked for both of us
Website for more information: http://www.gygb.com
Book is on Amazon
Kindle and Audio
20% of proceeds go to www.womenforwomen.org
We give Amanda a big shout out – she is amazing and we wanted to tell her how important she is in this entire podcast.
We close with putting people in a bubble and why
Also please feel free to join our closed group on Facebook – The Padded Room – we want to grow.