As we start this episode off by sharing with you the Mike Mueller was a professional hand model we actually don’t talk about that part of his background because he has been so successful with his work in web design and social media.
Disclaimer: Great show and we have an echo from time to time (sorry)
In this show you will learn:
- Many tips on social media
- Changes Mike has seen in social media with Facebook
- Why Facebook sends Mark everywhere
- How the FB rule changed the landscape of marketing
- Now you pay for reach
- Why I don’t work with people on Facebook as much now
- Mike interviews Carole
- There is a lot of time (now) doing research for Facebook marketing
- Why if I do Facebook for someone it costs more for Facebook
- How Mike connected with Cliff Ravenscraft
- How Mike connected with Barbara Grassey
- Why Mike uses and advocates using lists on Facebook
- Mike loves Tour de France so he removes a friend from Facebook so he doesn’t see any spoilers
- Special offer from Mike Mueller – mention Social Media Butterfly you get 20% off until October 17
- New changes coming to Facebook
- What is Mike’s favorite social media platform?
- His thoughts are where your perfect client is.
- Not a big fan of social media platforms when you can’t use lists.
- Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Mike has a lot of Twitter personas
- Mike has a t-shirt shop
- Who is Bitter Grandma?
- Social media is not marketing? What does Mike think about that?
- Advertising and why it’s needed
- Email newsletters and blogging
- Owning your own real estate versus renting (on social media platforms)
- Remember if you have an issue on FB for example your question goes to a 3rd world country and you are at their mercy.
- There is no 1-800-Facebook phone number
- Google+ does call you back.
- You have to own your own content
- Mike builds websites
- Mike isn’t crazy about “the daddy” as a host site and he charges more to put your website there because there are usually issues putting a website on “the daddy”
- More time is more money
- We talk about Mike’s blog
- He has been blogging since the dark ages
- 2001-ish Mike started using php software and it all became easier.
- Mike is a WordPress developer (shhhh don’t tell anyone)
- He is on the teaching team of WordPress – it is a volunteer position and he is very happy to be with them.
- We discuss WordCamp
- Concern about hackers and WordPress – it is ALL about passwords
- WordPress 4.3 – wordpress Billie (as in Billie Holliday)
- It is imperative to have a VERY STRONG PASSWORD
- How hackers hack
- Computer programs that actually run through the dictionary hoping to hit your password
- Update your WordPress NOW people
- Set up an access key – bots can’t get in
- Double authorization can be used too have the platform send a text to your cell phone – the hacker can’t get in
- It’s ok if your browser remembers your passwords
- Carole sounds dumb but it’s all good when they talk captchas
- Then we discuss landing pages
- Running an ad you need to send it to a landing page (and there is an echo there sorry)
- How to find Mike
- Mike has his pricing right there
- Why Mike has to do proposals and why Carole doesn’t do them
Again we apologize for the feedback echo it is a great show filled with beaucoup info.
Come join us in our closed group The Padded Room on Facebook we have great ideas and good questions there and we actually give suggestions and answers.
Thanks so much.
Butterfly Boom Productions