Last April while attending New Media Expo in Las Vegas I had a chance to sit down and do a live interview with the wonderful Lynette Young. We had a lot of fun wearing our headphones and hoping background noise from the convention floor would be minimal and here is what we spoke to each other about:
- We had problems getting it all going, Lynette stepped on the power cord.
- How we met and what is she doing these days.
- Crazy talk
- She came she saw she was awesome
- 80’s girl who loves tech
- Started podcasting in 2004
- We talk about having chick meetups in podcasting
- ShePodcasts had a meetup (I missed that one) at the bar no less
- Why we need more women in podcasting how? Just do it more.
- Lynette talks straight “shut up and produce”
- How Lynette is the girl behind the curtain
- She prefers turning on a mike or a camera to writing
- The Fierce Network
- What it is
- Doing more in the 2nd half of our lives
- Why Housewives of New Jersey is not us
- There is always something out there for all age groups – we can have bright pink hair
- Do we have to cut our hair short as we age?
- Danielle Smith and who she is and how they partnered
- Lynette defines “New Media”
- Owning your own real estate – like blogging and email newsletters
- Or we can call it digital marketing
- I admit I reported a person for having a company page as if he could have friends (sorry Bucko)
- Own your own stuff, be the CEO of your life.
You can find Lynette at lynetteyoung.com
On Twitter at lynetteradio
or at TheFierceNetwork.com
You can find me at carolesanek.com
Email me at email@example.com
As always we appreciate our listeners thank you very much and keep clicking those heels together.