Meet the Social Butterfly – Carole Sanek – this show will give you insight into how Carole became a thought leader in social media marketing from her beginnings as an RN to her passion for writing and blogging.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
How did Carole choose her business name?
- Carole shares how her daughter is a professional photographer of butterflies
- Bought the domain
- Registered the company as an LLC
- Grew wings
What was Carole before she grew wings?
- RN in intensive nursing at county hospital
- Explains how being an RN is about selling
- Moving on in life to medical sales, capital equipment
Why and how did social media become her career?
- The answer is real estate
- How real estate trained her in social media
- Blogging became her vehicle
- Wrote for an attorney, a pest control company, in breast cancer, for organizations, for a food truck, has written guest blogs for other people.
- There will be podcast shows on blogging
Why social media is so important today?
- The importance of blogging in social media
- You own the real estate
- You control the real estate of a blog
- Why self-hosting is vitally important
- How Carole never gets writers block
- 70 tips for avoiding writers block in a future podcast
How long has Carole been in business and how did she grow her business:
- 4 years
- passing out flyers
- attending conferences
- What happened to people seeing all my posts
- Past clients and the fun
- Saying no to certain businesses
What Social Media Platform works best for her?
- Twitter and why
- FB is family barbecue
- Twitter is chain restaurants
- LinkedIn and G+ are fine dining
- Blogging is the top of the Eiffel Tower Jules Verne restaurant
Charity requests and how she handles them:
- Books will be written