This show is all about going retro on Facebook meaning let’s remember what worked before all the changes because those techniques still work. People asked for new advice I went retro.
Ready for the tips?
FB keeps making changes but old things still work.
FB is the best way to connect with a large audience – still.
- Posting right things at the right time.
- Posts between 100-250 characters in length are what Facebook recommends.
- “See More” posts don’t work.
- Use top of mind topics – positive topics.
- Use emotional touch times (holidays)
- Keywords unique to your brand.
- Irate fans/haters
- Don’t delete post – respond first.
- Take it private.
- Ask them to take post down, or you might have to take it down.
- Banning people from your page
- Updates how many per day?
- Over-posting clogs up newsfeeds
- 2-3 posts is what I use with my pages and client pages.
- Test with Facebook insights.
- What should never be posted on a page
- Tracking effectiveness on insights
- Increasing engagement
- Share content outside normal business hours
- MTW are not good days neither is Sat.
- Th and Friday are great days.
- Varies by industry.
- Words that work/words that don’t work.
- Personal profile no-no posting
- Security talk
- 11 pointers of what not to share on Facebook
- Deleted photos stay on Facebook for an unspecified period of time – did you know that.
firstname.lastname@example.org – my email