Today was fun I stumbled all over myself on Content Marketing Monday so I wanted to expand on where I left off and talk about engagement on social media.
ENGAGEMENT with CONTENT MARKETING
- Let’s start with building credibility
- You have to be seen by them in a good light
- Quality content that brings them back
- 67% of Twitter users said they bought from brand they follow, that was back in 2013
- Twitter has added 100 million followers since then
- I recently told people at a talk I gave the 2.3 BILLION people have Internet access in the world
- That is about 33% of the world’s population
- 93% of these people make their buying decisions on what they see on the Internet.
- This number is huge
- Don’t get lost in the crowd
- You have to increase your website traffic
- How many people hang out on company websites? Probably zero.
- People spend 106 mins daily on social media
- This is sufficient time to generate leads and increase sales
- You have to write great content to put on land you own
- Leverage the space you rent (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+.etc)
- Run a contest OFF your website. Send people there from social media. Leverage! Capture the lead.
- You cannot put all your eggs in a social media basket.
- Own the land you build your content house upon
- 2.3 Billion people are active, 93% purchase from what they read, how are you reaching them?
So how was that for advice on content marketing and engagement?